Don E. Brand focuses his practice on representing individuals and businesses in civil, business and real estate litigation matters, labor and employment litigation matters, bankruptcy matters, asset protection, and estate planning. He also represents clients in investigations and proceedings brought by the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Office of the United States Trustee, and the Department of Agriculture.
Mr. Brand has extensive experience in representing individuals in bankruptcy litigation matters. He has received extensive and advanced training in Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Litigation Model. Mr. Brand is also well versed in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and foreclosure defense.
Mr. Brand also represents creditors in bankruptcy proceedings, and has served as special counsel to a Chapter 7 Trustee in a complicated real estate action that brought substantial assets into the bankruptcy estate.
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2006; Chief Information Technology Editor for the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, 2005-2006
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., Human Geography, 1998
- Graduate, Max Gardner Bankruptcy Boot Camp, April 2008
- Graduate, Advanced Consumer Rights Litigation Boot Camp, September 2009
- Represented the family of an elderly gentleman, a successfully settled, a wrongful death lawsuit against a long-term residential care facility.
- Represented a plaintiff, and successfully settled, a wrongful termination lawsuit against a multibillion dollar mass media company.
- Represented a plaintiff, and successfully settled, a wrongful termination lawsuit against a multibillion dollar international pharmaceutical company.
- Defendant a bankruptcy debtor against allegations of fraud by a federal credit union, and successfully settled the case for zero dollars.
- Represented a plaintiff, and successfully settled, a wrongful foreclosure lawsuit against a major bank.
- Represented a landlord against allegations of unlawful eviction, and successfully settled the case with the plaintiff paying my client attorney’s fees.
- Represented a plaintiff, and successfully, settled, an automobile accident lawsuit against a major insurance company.
- Represented a landlord in the United States Bankruptcy Court in a non-dischargeability action and successfully settled the case with a stipulated judgment.
- Represented a retail store against allegations of fraud and wrongful termination, and successfully settled the case for zero dollars.
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Avvo Rated Excellent
- SEC v. Lyndon (D.Haw. 2014) 27 F. Supp. 3d 1062
- In re Morales (Bankr.C.D.Cal. 2008) 387 B.R. 36
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Tax Court
Mr. Brand has provided hundreds of hours of pro bono counsel and advice to individuals in economic distress. His favorite charities to which he donates include the Environmental Defense Fund and Mazon: A Jewish Response to Hunger.